Monday, August 23, 2010

No music.

This month of August has been difficult. We're on a break until September and I have cabin fever. Despite all my rage I'm still just a musician in a cage. There is mixing, there is waiting, there is searching, there is more waiting. Something feels awry. Something feels wrong. I've missed my therapy sessions. I've missed my brothers. Soon enough we'll be reunited. Drowning my anguish in new music...The Editors:



Did you hear about the man who committed suicide at the Swell Season show? I've been there. When I was 18 I went to see Harry Belafonte at the same winery where the show was held. I met him after the show. He was kind, charismatic, and real. I told him that night that I was going to be a performer for the rest of my life. Brian and I met Glen Hansard before the Swell Season show at Hollywood Bowl. He possessed the same qualities. He was gracious, kind and wide eyed. We thanked him for changing our lives. In our case he changed our lives for the better. I feel for this man who felt he had no choice, but we all have a choice.

-DB

No comments: